Student Complaint Process

Student Complaint Process

AIMS Education strongly encourages students to attempt to resolve any complaints directly with the appropriate person, persons, or administrative offices. If, after all reasonable efforts, the complaint cannot be resolved, the student may submit a formal complaint. The student affairs department is responsible for overseeing the student complaint process. 

To file an official complaint, the student must submit a student complaint form to the student affairs department at, or in person to an academics and student affairs administrator. Complaint forms can be requested from the student affairs department, or they can be downloaded from the AIMS Education website.

Once a formal complaint is submitted, the student affairs committee will have 10-14 business days to investigate the complaint and render a decision. The complainant will be informed when a decision has been rendered.

All appeals related to grades or other academic issues must be submitted to the academic department.

Filing External Complaints

When a student complaint cannot be resolved by the institution, the student may choose to file a complaint with the institution’s accreditor, state licensing entity, or SARA state portal entity. 

Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES)
6116 Executive Blvd., Suite 730
North Bethesda, MD 20852
(301) 291-7550

To submit a student complaint to ABHES, please fill out the ABHES complaint form and submit it online. Questions should be directed to

Office of the Secretary of Higher Education
ATTN: Complaints
P.O. Box 542
Trenton, New Jersey 08625-0542

To submit a student complaint to the NJ Office of the Secretary of Higher Education (NJ OSHE), please fill out the NJ OSHE complaint form and mail it to the address above. Instructions for filing a complaint are provided on the NJ OSHE website.

SARA Complaint Process

NJ OSHE is the SARA state portal entity for New Jersey. Out-of-state students who wish to submit a complaint related to distance education activities, should follow the NJ OSHE complaint process provided above.

Additional information regarding the SARA complaint process is provided on the NC SARA website.

Complaint Process for Clock-Hour Programs

All programs which started prior to 2024 were clock-hour based programs. To submit a complaint about a clock-hour program, students must download the Conflict Resolution Questionnaire and mail it to the address below:

New Jersey Department of Labor & Workforce Development
Center for Occupational Employment Information
Attn: Conflicts
PO Box 057
Trenton, New Jersey 08625-0057