COVID-19 Health and Safety Plan
August 10, 2021
As of September 1, 2021, COVID-19 vaccination is mandatory for all new students. Students must submit proof of the 1st vaccine dose prior to their first day of class. For vaccines that require two doses, proof of the 2nd dose must be submitted within 6 weeks of starting class.
It is strongly recommended that students who started prior to September 1, as well as all faculty and staff, get vaccinated for COVID-19. Individuals who choose not to get vaccinated are required to sign a health waiver form. Students must also sign the internship disclosure form.
The majority of hospital systems have mandated that paid and unpaid healthcare workers get vaccinated for COVID-19. Therefore, AIMS cannot guarantee internship placement for students who are not vaccinated.
Domestic and International Travel Requirements
Individuals traveling internationally or traveling to any states beyond the immediate region (New York, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, and Delaware) are required to self-quarantine. Please follow the protocols below.
- If travel is unavoidable, students should consider getting tested with a viral test (not an antibody test) 3 or more days after the trip.
- If students test positive, they must follow the return to campus requirements listed in the COVID-19 Health and Safety Plan.
- If students test negative, they should quarantine for a full 7 days after travel.
- If testing is not available (or if the results are delayed), students should quarantine for 10 days after travel.
Vaccinated and recently recovered individuals are not required to quarantine after traveling. However, they are required to get tested for COVID-19 three to five days after returning from international travel.
- Individuals who are fully vaccinated prior to travel (at least 2 weeks have passed since their final vaccine dose) and show no symptoms of COVID-19.
- Individuals who have tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 3 months, have fully recovered, and have no current symptoms.