Important Financial Aid Resources


All students seeking federal student aid are required to submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). This is a free and quick method of determining whether you are eligible for any federal financial aid to help pay for your education.

The first step in applying for financial aid is to Fill out your FAFSA. If you have any questions or would like assistance with your application, please contact one of our financial aid officers at 908-222-0002 ext. 555.

Loan Assistance

Contact the Financial Aid Department directly for information and assistance related to the following:

  • Student Loan Status
  • Student Loan Cancellation
  • Loan Disbursement Amounts and Dates

* Only the AIMS Financial Aid Department can provide this information.

Federal Student Aid Assistance

Contact the Federal Student Aid Information Center at 1-800-4-FED-AID (1-800-433-3243) or visit the websites listed below for additional information regarding federal student aid.

The TDD number for hearing-impaired individuals is 1-800-730-8913.

Students who are planning to apply for a Direct Consolidation Loan should first contact the Loan Consolidation Information Call Center at 1-800-557-7392 with any questions.

Loan Servicers

A loan servicer is a company that administers your federal student loan. Some of the responsibilities of a loan servicer include disbursing funds, collecting payments, and providing assistance to student loan borrowers. For questions related to loan repayment, deferment, and forbearance, you should contact your loan servicer.

To access information about your federal student loans and your loan servicer, please log in to My Federal Student Aid. A list of loan servicers is also available at the link below.

Who’s My Student Loan Servicer? | Federal Student Aid

Federal Student Aid Ombudsman Group

If you have an ongoing problem or dispute regarding your federal student loan that you have been unable to resolve, then you can contact the Federal Student Aid Ombudsman Group. The Ombudsman Group is dedicated to helping resolve disputes related to federal student loans.

To contact the Ombudsman Group for assistance, please complete the Ombudsman Assistance Request Form. You can also request assistance via the following methods:

Postal Mail

U.S. Department of Education
FSA Ombudsman Group
P.O. Box 1843
Monticello, KY 42633
Phone TDD


The Ombudsman Group can only help resolve disputes related to federal student loans. If you have a problem or dispute regarding a private loan, please contact the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.