Distance Education Programs
All programs at AIMS Education are taught using a hybrid learning environment.
Method of Delivery
All hybrid courses will include online and in-person instruction. Lectures may be offered on campus or remotely via a Learning Management System (LMS). Laboratory classes and practical training will be held on campus or at a clinical site.
Online classes will be taught synchronously. Synchronous instruction is real-time instruction that requires students to attend classes at scheduled times.
Minimum Technology Requirements
The Brightspace Learning Management System (LMS) is used for all programs. To participate in distance education programs, and effectively use Brightspace, students are required to meet the minimum technology requirements listed below. Students who are unable to meet these requirements will not be permitted to enroll. In some cases, the institution may be able to provide assistance in meeting these requirements.
- Desktop or laptop computer with at least 4GB of RAM (tablet w/ keyboard is acceptable)
- Speakers and a microphone: built-in, USB, or wireless
- Webcam: built-in or USB
- Reliable internet connection: broadband or wireless (3G minimum)
- Supported operating system: Mac OS X with MacOS 10.7 or later, MacOS 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard) with limited functionality, Windows 10, Windows 8 or 8.1
- Supported web browser for Windows: Chrome, Safari5+, Firefox, Edge, IE7+
- Supported web browser for Mac: Safari5+, Firefox, Chrome
Here are some additional recommendations to help improve your overall user experience.
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Minimum screen size of 13 inches
- Minimum hard drive space of 50GB
- Minimum display resolution of 1024x768
It is recommended that students enrolled in the Medical Billing and Coding program own or have access to a Windows PC or tablet.
The Brightspace LMS supports the use of IOS and Android mobile devices. Students are encouraged to access their coursework and assignments using whichever device is most convenient and effective. However, most mobile devices are not permitted for scheduled classes and exams.
Students must use a desktop, laptop, or tablet w/ keyboard to log into the LMS for scheduled classes and online exams. Students who attend an online class or exam using a mobile phone will be asked to log out of the LMS. Students who are unable to log back in on an acceptable device will be marked absent and will not receive credit for any assignments or exams administered during that class session.
AIMS Education is authorized to offer distance learning programs in New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania. State laws regarding institutional licensure/authorization vary from state to state and are subject to change. Residents of certain states may not be permitted to attend online or hybrid courses taught at AIMS. If your state of residence is not listed above, please contact the admissions team to inquire about your eligibility.